Palace Of Westminster

I thought it was called the Houses of Parliament but apparently it's official given name is the Palace of Westminster which implies that it was built for a King or Queen (which is was until fire in 1512) ... [opens Wikipedia]
The Palace of Westminster is the meeting place of the Parliament of the United Kingdom and is located in London, England. It is commonly called the Houses of Parliament after the House of Commons and the House of Lords, the two legislative chambers which occupy the building.
There ya go.

I knew that Big Ben is the name of the bell inside the tower but I didn't know it was called the Elizabeth Tower ... [opens Wikipedia]
The tower was officially called the Clock Tower until 2012, when it was renamed to mark the Diamond Jubilee of Elizabeth II.
Aha, every day is a school day.
Collage of the Palace of Westminster and Big Ben against clear blue sky.


Popular articles

The Difference Between One Million And One Billion

[UPDATE] Mayor 1883

NO! The Greatest Story: Space Worm

High Moon